Thursday, August 30, 2012

Why I Hate Living In A Dorm

To whom it may concern,

Who knew most people were pigs? Well, if their family it's one thing. But if they are strangers? I hate living in the dorm for one humongous reason. Eighteen to twenty years olds (roommate ages subject to change without notice), other than my self and a few others out there (I'm with you and I feel your pain), have no common sense and have to be told exactly how to clean up after themselves, how to properly work the temperature gauge for the entire apartment (because it's quite clear that the three of you don't know how), how to lock the door when you leave the apartment and when you come back to the apartment, and then when you politely tell them through a series of thoughtful, handwritten notes taped to the designated areas, the entire process of educating these young, stunted minds becomes one of a 'dictatorship'.

What? I'm confused about this. A dictatorship? And we live in a democracy?

Let me be absolutely, crystal clear. I didn't force anyone to take out there eight day old trash piled at least four inches above the top of the garbage can that smelled like goat vomit that had been ruminating in a cow's stomach for four days. I didn't force anyone to lock the door for everyone's safety because there is nothing like coming home to someone stealing your stuff or worse. I didn't force anyone to not turn the temperature dial all the way to the right (freakin hot as hell). I simply suggested that you find another way to get warm. I recommended some easy to do, understandable options like put on pants if you're wearing shorts - put socks on - wear a sweatshirt - get a blanket. 

And now I have turned this place into adictatorship? The definition of dictatorship is"a country, government or the form of government in which absolute power is exercised by a dictator."

Maybe that's too hard to comprehend - I meanunderstand. 

A dictatorship is "a form of government inwhich the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution orlaws or opposition etc.)" 

A dictator is "A ruler with total power over acountry, typically one who has obtained power by force (do not think a dictatoris Sacha Baron Cohen - I said don't think about it - now you're thinking aboutit)

See? I haven't done that at all. I've just used myfirst amendment right or is that not part of a democracy? 

If you were mature, independent and responsible, Iwould NOT have to post notes about your shortcomings. Grow up and clean up yourown shit!

Love from Hell, 

Ari


p.s. you just got told.

No comments:

Post a Comment