Saturday, March 1, 2014

C4ward March Blogathon Day 1

You Asked Me Why So I Write To You

When I was thirteen
they called me Ice Queen
and I didn't say a word. 
Sometimes I can't say how I feel.
It's not that I don't want to
it's not that I don't. 
Sometimes I can't
bring myself to speak,
to spill my soul over you,
so I write. I write
when you want me, 
with honesty and emotion, 
to tell you what I want, need, know, think.
It's like a dream
where I can't scream--
one hand around my throat
the other over my mouth, 
and I struggle to whisper a sound. 
I write for you to try 
to understand me
I write for you to try 
to know me. 
I write when I can't express to you
what I want when you stare at me 
for the longest time and the words 
get stuck at the back of my throat. 
I feel best through written words,
words I string together, 
a candy necklace.
I'm partly broken, a little sour,
sometimes sweet and I know myself 
enough to know I can, I will speak 
to you through poetry.
I'll write for you and it'll be enough. 
It has to be enough. 

©AC 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment