Thursday, October 11, 2012

PicOfTheDay and Extra Stuff That's Annoying


Are you... lookin at me???

So here at GaTech everyone is required to take a computer science class. I chose to take CS 1315 - Introduction To Computational Media (whatever that is...) because it's CS for non-CS, math or engineering majors. Every week we get a problem set (a special word for CS homework) and I just really look forward to it (one eyebrow raised, much like the alpaca pictured above)...

I go to the TA hours every week and since I've been going my experiences are getting worse and worse. One thing I really loathe about going is that one TA (the same one every week) asks me if "Do you love doing the homework? Isn't it fun?" I respond the same way, honestly, "No." And sometimes I add, "No. I don't find it fun." And then she looks at me like I'm nuts. I can't decide if the look is because I respond honestly or if she can't imagine someone not having fun doing the homework. 

Anyways, I went to the open hours yesterday at 11am. I was there till 1:30pm. I wasted two and half hours and then some guy had the nerve to yell "Bye!" (in a disgustingly happy, jovial sort of way) as if I was in my usual super bubbly, happy-go-lucky mood (pfft), when I decided to quietly leave with an expression of pure anger (no I didn't bare my teeth like my chihuahua). I was in no mood to respond, so I didn't, and when I walked out of the room and looked back, everyone was staring at me. Anyone who knows anything about visually assessing a human being to see what type of mood they are in would know I did not want to speak to anyone. So then I was really pissed. 

Not to mention that one TA said "You're really close. I know you can figure it now!"

Well, actually, you told me the wrong thing - so thanks.

I spent another two hours fixing what the TA had me do and finishing the rest. Damn you turtle graphics - you suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment