Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A poem about something ethereal


This is a poem I wrote based off an experience. It's unexplainable, so naturally it makes for an excellent poetic subject. This one, I feel, is nearly done, if not already. The editor of The Cortland Review, ahem, my professor, Ginger Murchison, said it's a powerful poem, particularly the end. As always, no copying my work please. Tell me what you like, loathe and/or general comments. Comments are always appreciated.

xo,
Ari

__________________________________________________

Morning


Sleeping in the sunlight,
gold and yellow jewels
stream across the room.
Above, a clouded figure                  
looming there, watching.              
We stare at one another—                      
me with widened eyes,                 
and you,                                         
who are even more surprised,    
flee in fear of being seen
through that wall, 
I close my eyes,
but it’s too late.
I’ve seen you.
Seen you.

__________________________________________________
Everything I write is 100% original work.

1 comment: