Thursday, July 18, 2013

An image in my mind


Dear you, 

I believe that a good poem has heart, image and sound. In this particular poem, I broke the rules. This poem isn't about feeling, I've been told that "this poem makes me feel nothing," and I'm okay with that. This poem is about sound and in particular, image. The image came from a dream and it was incredibly beautiful. A friend of mine told me that after reading this poem, he saw the "most beautiful image" he's ever seen in his life. That is some compliment. I hope you like it. 

xo,
Ari

____________________________

Sea Night

A Las Vegas night of light
on the beach,
Chinese lanterns strung loosely
across rooftops zigzag,
figures fade into the night sky,
a deep blue sapphire and a dream,
lost and buried beneath
a thousand years of dust, decay, rocks and rot,
of a lost love.
The jeweled lights
hang alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment